Thursday, April 21, 2016

"You Are Not Alone", Original Mixed Media/Assemblage Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"You Are Not Alone"



This is my latest mixed media/assemblage.  The story unfolded as I was painting and constructing it.  I was thinking about how we are all faced with challenges in our lives, sometimes they seem insurmountable.  If I'm being real, authentic, and honest, I know lately sometimes I feel like I struggle to find the light in my soul and I can't seem to climb out of the darkness.  Painting helps me rise above this darkness and seek out the light. These wings came into existence and this verse kept coming to mind to remind me that when I feel dark and alone, I'm really not.
    
For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.  Psalm 91:11 (KJV) 

This color palette is not one that I normally use, but it fits the piece beautifully.  It is rich with texture and many subtle layers.  The middle piece is part of an antique corbel that I found.  I also found an antique bronze "lions head" and placed in the top part of the corbel.  To me, that symbolized protection and peace.  On the bottom of the corbel, I attached the words, "You Are Not Alone".  I finished the wings off with a resin coating, so it looks like glass floating over each wing.  





I am so fortunate to be taking part in an online auction that starts on May 24th and this piece will be available.  If you would like an invitation, or just would like to take a peek, here is the link:  https://www.facebook.com/events/872662112861082/

Always remember, you are not alone, no matter what!




No comments:

Post a Comment