Friday, April 28, 2017

Original Still Life Floral Painting "Under the Surface" by Colorado Artist Nancee Jean Busse

trbidi="on">
                                 

 I belong to local CSA. When we pick up our weekly allotment of produce, sometimes we are allowed to pick a bouquet of flowers from an unruly patch of Colorado wildflowers. I gathered this armful of blooms, brought them home, and placed them in a plain glass vase and put them on my windowsill. I loved them! The star of the show for me, though, was how beautiful and delicate the stems under the water’s surface looked. The background is a series of glazes, all whites, off-whites, beiges, pale pinks, and browns. The flowers are, well… flowers. This painting received an honorable mention in the Artist’s Magazine annual competition: 7800 entries–18 winners. Even though the original sold fairly quickly, the prints are wonderful!

 This painting is sold, but prints are available in multiple sizes HERE

 Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work


No comments:

Post a Comment