Monday, October 23, 2017

Abstract landscape, "Lavender Sky" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson

Lavender Sky, 8x10, by Carol Nelson

FRESH OFF THE EASEL


The value of deconstruction: this painting started out as a collage in these colors. I hated it. I tried and tried to make it better, and it just got worse in my eyes. It laid around my studio for several months. One day I started tearing layers off of it. I thought I couldn't make it worse. I wanted to get down to the wood substrate and reuse it.

Suddenly, I stopped and looked at it again - it was getting better. There was a suggestion of rocks and a tree form that I enhanced. The painting was telling me what to do next! Some of the original materials are still on the surface. I wish I had taken a photo of the work before I started the deconstruction.

 8"x10" Mixed Media on Panel-Available

$250.00

 Click HERE to purchase.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here
======================================

Check out my VIDEO

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






No comments:

Post a Comment