Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Mixed Media Abstract Painting, Contemporary Art "Songs of Isolation" by Carol Nelson

 




This painting is a revision of an earlier work. I created it during the Corona virus pandemic during which we were all required to isolate ourselves and shelter in place. The composition and vibrant color palette suggests an urban setting. I was inspired by videos of Italian citizens singing from their balconies, separate from one another, yet united. Because I started with a completed mixed media painting, I had to do a considerable amount of DECONSTRUCTION. Actually some of my favorite paintings have evolved this way.

 35"x35"x1.5" Mixed Media on Panel/Available

 $3800

 Click HERE to purchase.

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

 Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

 View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

Study with me Virtually?
Check out my video "New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials," HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment