Monday, May 10, 2010

Red Passage, 10103, mixed media geologic abstract, © Carol Nelson Fine Art




This 24x36 geologic abstract features areas of heavy texture and the sheen metal leaf. Trust me to say that the photographs sadly do not show these features at all.
My friend Sue Palmer, who is touring the west in a motorhome with her partner John, has been posting her fabulous photos of Canyonlands, Antelope Canyon, etc. on her Facebook page. Looking at her pictures of these incredible cliffs and rock formations is one of the inspirations for this painting.
For purchase information, please see my website. Note: The picture on my website is not blurry. When I enlarge a photo on my blog, it gets fuzzy.

The aspen trees near my house are all decked out in their new leaves. Each leaf is a perfect bright green circle with a little point on the bottom. The slightest air movement sends the whole tree into a quaking shimmer of new green.

No comments:

Post a Comment