Sunday, November 21, 2010

Susan Spohn----Ralphie Claus


Ralphie Claus
Oil on Watercolor Paper
9.5 x 13.5 inches
Well, in my quest to find an image for our Christmas card, I took a quick snapshot of my boyfriend, Ralph, as he rested on the couch the other night..... He does not like posing as a model for my efforts, but as I watched him, I mused that his face, hair and beard remind me of Santa Claus. I must admit that I whitened his hair quite a bit and added a couple pounds (well, more than a couple...) to complete this image of Santa receiving presents. Those who know Ralph, will see the resemblance in this painting.... ha, ha, even though I swore he wouldn't recognize himself! This was a fun project, and someday I hope to do a new updated portrait of him. This oil painting sells for 95.00 and includes free shipping in the continental USA. Contact me by e-mail for more information:  susanmspohn@gmail.com

Visit my blog to purchase and to see more of my paintings: susanmspohn.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment