Sunday, January 2, 2011

Susan Spohn --- Mac

Mac
Oil on Watercolor Paper
Approximately 9 x 7

This is a quick painting of my nephew, Mac. He and his 4 siblings all graciously consented to be my models for some paintings this winter. (For reference, I snapped a few quick photos while I was in Minnesota this past fall.) Mac is full of energy, has a great sense of humor and has a quick smile. As I painted,  I tried to capture some of his energy in the movement of the paint in the background of this painting. Since I will be painting all 5 of these siblings, it will form a small series. I may even attempt a group piece... I will see what the winter brings. For more information, please e-mail me at: susanmspohn@gmail.com
 
To see more paintings, please visit my blog:  susanmspohn.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment