Monday, February 21, 2011

"ZIPPO" 11013, daily painter challenge © Carol Nelson Fine Art

"ZIPPO"


                         



You're probably wondering "What the ____?"  This is a very close up view of a zippo lighter - you remember the old shiny metal lighters that you had to flip open the lid.  My brother had one of these.


This is my version of the Daily Paintworks Challenge.  A photo is posted on their site and any artist can take a crack at it.


                      


Several artists have already faithfully reproduced the photo.  I thought it would be fun to crop it and turn it blue. I enjoyed painting the details of the top of the lighter.  The bottom part reminded me of a Mark Rothko abstract.

For purchase information, click here to go to my website.

No comments:

Post a Comment