Thursday, July 28, 2011

Susan Spohn ---- Summer Garden II Diptych

Summer Garden Diptych II
I really love the size and wonderful lush garden feeling of this diptych painting; a 2 piece oil painting on 1/2 board.  Each piece measures 30 x 30, so combined it is 5 feet long. This painting is called Summer Garden Diptych II. I used several photo references I took from summer gardens earlier this year. The photos over-flowed with color and I tried to capture some of that splendor in this painting. Several of the flower gardens were quite neat and organized, and even though there are quite a few plants in this painting, I think it gives a very rich feeling, folks have said they feel they are inside a garden, or reminded of Alice in Wonderland. This painting sold today, to an avid gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment