Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The Painted Violin


                



            




                     




The Painted Violin is a fundraiser for the Denver Youth Orchestra.  Each year, chosen artists are given a "retired" violin to paint/decorate as they wish.  This is my version that I am finally able to share with everyone.

The grand unveiling of this season's collection was last Friday at Gallery 1261 in Denver, CO.  The violins then travel to different galleries each month until next spring, when they are auctioned off to the highest bidder. 


            


Here I am with my violin, which is called "September Song."  I painted the violin and then attached painted leaves cut out of watercolor paper.  On the back, I painted a fall scene with golden aspen leaves.


I hope it can sell for a generous amount to benefit the Denver Youth Orchestra. 


The aspens are turning golden in the high country right now - always a gorgeous time in Colorado.  Here's a shot I took last weekend while showing all my visiting cousins the beautiful colors.



           








No comments:

Post a Comment