Saturday, July 4, 2015

Geological Abstract Painting, "Copper Illusion" © Carol Nelson Fine Art

This abstract has a geological feel to it, as many of my abstracts do. I used acrylic modeling paste to build up the copper colored elements and create additional surface texture on the canvas. The copper areas have metal leaf applied. The copper leaf was then carefully treated with copper sulfate solution to create an authentic black patina on the metal. The rest of the painting was done with artist quality acrylic paint (Golden brand). 


  48"x24x1.5" Mixed Media on Panel/SOLD

 View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS

No comments:

Post a Comment