Wednesday, November 4, 2015

"Colorado Autumn Aspen", Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

"Colorado Autumn Aspen"








This was a commissioned mixed media piece that I recently completed.  My client lives in Arizona but grew up in Monte Vista, CO.  On the bottom portion of the piece, I added pieces of a 1964 Colorado Road Map.  I placed the town of Monte Vista in the upper center portion of the map .  This made it unique and very special to my client.  The trees were constructed of paper, paint, ink, and modeling paste. The leaves were done with hand-painted paper - each one torn individually from the paper.  I loved working on this piece and the client told me she will always treasure this piece.  There is nothing more rewarding!

For questions, comments, or to commission your original piece of artwork, please contact me at:


Follow me on Facebook at:  





No comments:

Post a Comment