Thursday, April 7, 2016

“Joy in the Journey”, Original Mixed Media Painting by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin

Joy in the Journey



This is one of my newest mixed media pieces, fresh off the easel.  I've discovered that I just love painting these wild and crazy flowers.  These flowers start out as "blobs" of ink and I really have to use my imagination to make them come to life!

This piece has many, many layers.  It has layers of paper and paint.  It also has some stenciling and layers of ink.  To finish it off, I added the words, "Discover the Joy in the Journey".  This painting truly was all about discovering the joy in the journey!  




This painting is another one that will be up for auction toward the end of May. If you are interested in participating in this event, or if you have any comments, please feel free to send me an email...I would love to hear from you!





No comments:

Post a Comment