Thursday, May 23, 2019

"The Guardian", Original Mixed Media/Encaustic by Colorado Artist, Donna L. Martin and Stockholm Artist, Jenny Grant

The Guardian




I've said this before, but honestly, I can't say it enough. I am so absolutely blown away that I get to participate in a group where the artists have the biggest hearts on the face of the planet. They work so hard to produce work that will touch lives and make a positive difference in our world. I'm always honored that I get to work alongside them and I never want to take this opportunity for granted.

This month, our group, the Creative Kind, has chosen a very special charity called Saving Innocence. Here is a little bit about what this organization does:
Saving Innocence provides escape from trafficking for child victims of sex trafficking 24 hours a day – 7 days a week. Using a highly relational and collaborative approach, we give children on-the-ground help exclusively in the U.S. by utilizing strategic partnerships with law enforcement, social service providers and schools, while mobilizing communities to prevent abuse and increase neighborhood safety.
"I raise up my voice—not so I can shout, but so that those without a voice can be heard...we cannot succeed when half of us are held back."

This is a very special piece that will be available next week for our Creative Kind Auction on FB. My dear friend, Jenny Grant and I collaborated on this piece when she was visiting from Stockholm, Sweden. Since we are donating to such a special charity this month, Jenny and I are excited to share this piece and make it available. The title is “The Guardian”. It is mixed media with a thin layer of encaustic. I hope you take the time to join us this month on the 28th and 29th...let’s raise some money to donate and raise awareness for this worthy cause. 

Here is the link to our group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/541216752946993/






No comments:

Post a Comment