Wednesday, September 22, 2010

"ASPEN LEAF SERIES 8 & 9," 10140, 10141 daily painter metallic leaf collage © Carol Nelson Fine Art

These two are the latest in my leaf series.  Each one is on a mounted board measuring 24x5.5 inches.  The leaves are cut from painted water color paper with the edges slightly curled to increase the depth.  The background on both paintings has a mixture of metallic paints giving each piece a soft glow.

The entire surface is coated with a thick layer of crystal clear epoxy resin which enhances the saturation of color, secures the leaves in place, and protects the painting.

I love doing these leaf collages because I can go wild with the colors.  Blueand purple leaves???  I've never seen blue or purple aspen leaves, but maybe I just haven't seen those particular trees...

For purchase information, please see my website by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment