Saturday, November 27, 2010

"Newport Sail" by Karla Nolan, palette knife oil painting on gessoed masonite


This painting is combination palette knife oil painting and brush painting.  It was extremely frustrating for me to paint, as I was attempting to make the boat perfect, which is out of character for me -- I usually go a more relaxed route.  However, I am pleased with it.  We were recently on the East Coast and I took dozens of photographs of sailboats for reference photos -- this was a great start to more water and boat scenes.  I hope you like it!
"Newport Sail" , 7"x5" palette knife oil painting on gessoed masonite, $52.50 includes s/h in N. America, Paypal preferred, please write me for information; I'll send an invoice; thanks for looking!!!! 

MORE NEWS at KarlaNolanBlogspot

No comments:

Post a Comment