Monday, December 20, 2010

"IGNITION POINT" 10168, daily painter textured metal abstract © Carol Nelson Fine Art






"IGNITION POINT" 10168





 I love this painting.  Remember my torch experiments from last week?   Well, here's what I created with three of the metal foil sheets I burned with my butane torch.  I just LOVE trying new things and this turned out really cool.

This is how it started





 After burning the foil pieces, I glued them to this 30x15 canvas.  It's hard to see in a photo, but I made the corners lift up using clear acrylic gel.

Closeup showing burned metal foil.

Side view


There's a site called photofunia.com where you can upload photos and do fun things with them.  I took this painting and manipulated the image so it looks like three paintings in a store window.  Fun, fun.





 For purchase information on this painting, click here to go to my website.














1 comment: