Sunday, December 19, 2010

Susan Spohn -- Bee Balm and Blue Thistle

Bee Balm & Blue Thistle
Oil Painting on Watercolor Paper
18 x 24
This is a luscious painting with thick and lively strokes mainly acquired by using the pallet knife. I painted this piece on sealed watercolor paper and then adhered it to board. It is framed in a gold with black speckled frame. This is a scene from one of my gardens a few years ago. The bee balm was always so glorious! And then I tried these blue thistle flowers in that garden; what a lovely mix! This piece sells for $525.00 including the lovely frame. Please e-mail me for more information, and leave your shipping details.

Some close ups from this painting:

Visit my blog to see more paintings and to purchase this painting!  susanmspohn.blogspot.com
                               -------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment