Thursday, March 31, 2011

Michelle Torrez Demo at Saks Gallery



I was at Saks Gallery www.saksgalleries.com at a great demo by Michelle Torrez. She is an amazing artist. She painted this gorgeous model from sitting on the floor! She likes the foreshortened angle this gives. You can see by her second drawing that it barely looks like anything at all, yet in minutes, you could begin to see the real painting come forth. what an inpsiration!



My work has been featured on The Empty Easel, you can read the article and submit your own art at:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Janice. I love Michelle Torrez' work.
    Congrats on EE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work too! My friend and I were blessed enough to attend one of her workshops in Pueblo in 2006. LOVED. IT!
    marly Lindsey

    ReplyDelete