Thursday, May 5, 2011

Utah Plein Air Study, Colorado Artist Julie Kirkland, Utah, Landscapes



Here's another plein air study from my Utah trip. This view was directly across from the scene that I posted a few days ago and these mountains were mostly in shadow. The sky was a beautiful blue, but it was a cold afternoon to paint as the wind was gusting off of those snowy peaks. Oil study on canvas panel, 5x7".

My studio is open this Friday night as part of First Friday ArtWalk. Part of the evening, I'll be a block down the street as part of a show at "A Call to Life" on Colorado Avenue. For directions to my space in the "Second Floor Studios," visit our website: www.thesecondfloorstudios.com

www.juliekirkland.com
www.juliekirklandart.blogspot.com
info@juliekirkland.com

No comments:

Post a Comment