Sunday, December 11, 2011

His Lonesome Cattle Call by Pam Holnback

His Lonesome Cattle Call
8" x 8" Oil on cradled panel
$155.00 + $10. s/h

HOLIDAY SALE  All paintings sold in December are 20% off my regular prices

This is from a fall trip my husband and I took over to the Western Slope.  For those of you not from Colorado, the Western Slope is the name we call all of the mountains on the west side of the Continental Divide (which runs down the middle of the Rockies.)  This was about 6 hours from Colorado Springs.  We live on the Front Range.  That encompasses Fort Collins, Denver, Colo Springs, and Pueblo, or all of the towns on the range (you know, like home, home, on the range) on the eastern side of the Rockies.  Just a little geography lesson thrown in!

Anyway, we were out driving around on back roads and a herd of cattle came across a hill top.  So, I had to get out!  And then, this cowboy comes riding over the top of the hill.  What a perfect setting and scene!  Just meant to be a painting!

Sometimes when I'm looking for a title I use google to help me.  When I googled "song lyrics about cows" up came this song, Cattle Call, by Eddy Arnold, sung along w/ Lee Ann Rimes.  It seemed appropriate and provided a title.  I especially like the yodeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment