Friday, May 8, 2020

Mixed Media Collage Landscape, "Raleigh Tree Demo" by Carol Nelson Fine Art

"Raleigh Tree Demo" , 10x10 inches, by Carol Nelson

As often happens, this is a painting I started in a class, but didn't have time to finish.  I just finished it here in my studio after 2 months!  This is typical of the collage treescapes we do in my Abstracted Trees workshop.

What I love most about this one is the color palette.  That green gold and purple combination is gorgeous.  The tree trunks are cut out of 98 lb mixed media paper.  I find that is the perfect weight paper for this work.

Notice the color gradations in the tree trunks.  I had two puddles of paint (Golden Fluid Acrylic):  dioxazine purple (with some white,) and green gold.  When you mix these two colors together you get that beautiful brownish gold color.  I LOVE that!  It's the perfect transition between the purple bottoms and the green tops of the trunks.

  10"x10"x.15"  Mixed Media on Canvas/Available

  Click HERE for purchase info.

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

  View my available BOOKS Here

======================================

Follow me on facebook
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram

Study with me Virtually?
Check out my video "New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials," HERE







No comments:

Post a Comment