Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Native American Folklore Art,Colorful Contemporary Wildlife Art Painting , Native American Art,“WHEN COYOTE WAS BLUE" by Colorado Artist Nancee Jean Busse, Painter of the American West

 



This is the 6th painting in my Native American Tales series. Each one depicts an animal that plays the starring role in a piece of animal folklore. Some stories resonate with strong visual imagery and those are the ones I want to paint. All I could find of this tale was a couple of sentences and no tribe of origin. But the picture that it created in my head was unforgettable. So I adapted and retold the story below, according to my interpretation. Prints are available. I'm hanging on to the originals for now while I finish out the series.


36"x24"

Click HERE for more info.

Visit http://NanceeJean.com to view more of my work

Visit my Art Blog at http://njbussefineart.blogspot.com/

  Follow me on facebook
  Follow me on Pinterest
  Follow me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment