Friday, September 30, 2011

Fresh Tomatoes by Pam Holnback


Fresh Tomatoes
9" x 12" Oil on board
$195. + $10. s/h  click here to bid

The tomatoes have been incredible this year.  The cherry tomatoes in our garden have been so sweet!


For this still life, I also did a quick value study.  After I'd set it aside I realized that the value of the cut tomato was too light.  Because it's a study I didn't feel the need to go back and repaint it, but it certainly helped me realize the true value(s) of the inside of the tomato in the final painting.

Friday, September 30th 5 - 8 pm is the Opening Reception for the "Breast Cancer: The Courageous & Beautiful" Artists Coming Together for the Cure! Art Show at Cottonwood Center for the Arts, Colorado Springs.  I'm happy to have three pieces in the show.  Please join us as Susan G Komen for the Cure of Southeastern Colorado presents their art show to raise awareness and funding in their search for the cure.  Stop by if you live here in the Springs.  The show continues until October 18th.  

No comments:

Post a Comment