This is a painting that truly took on a life of its own. I started out with the idea of a path through a wooded area. I got pretty far with the painting when I suddenly got an urge to wipe off most of what I’d painted. As I was destroying what I had been constructing for days, the thought “the return of the Shamans” was repeating in my head. When a good portion of the paint had been wiped off, what was left looked like figures on horseback. The rest of the painting fell together almost effortlessly. The mystery of this piece intrigues me. Who are the Shamans? Are they the figures on horseback? Or are the figures waiting for the Shamans to appear out of the mist? "The Return of the Shamans" is 30x40, oil on gallery-wrapped canvas. Click here for purchase information.Click here to read my online Art Journal.
Kate Dardine is a Daily Painter from Fort Collins, Colorado.
No comments:
Post a Comment