Saturday, January 21, 2012

Susan Spohn --- Floral Diiptych; Watching Spiders



Floral Diptych : Watching Spiders 
36 x 72
oil on 2 boards
(I was unable to get a decent photo of my painting today, so excuse the improper lighting and the fact that the two halves are not next to each other....) 
I have finished this large diptych of a wonderful flower garden. I painted this piece using mainly pallet knives and then finishing up with some brushes. This was a whimsical, fun adventure starting with just a few photos of some flowers I wanted to use in this garden. Then as I started, I imagined I could see a cat sitting in the garden, watching a spider...... well, the storyline grew from there, until not only was there a resplendent floral garden with a cat and a spider.... but also; a caterpillar, a salamander, 2 frogs, a baby bunny, 3 bees and 4 butterflies! Can you find them all? 

No comments:

Post a Comment